Re: Fate of Harry Nilson (als...

Speaking of James Honeyman Scott of the Pretenders....

I was fortunate enough to witness the Pretenders 1980 show at the Orpheum in
Boston. Scott did some mean windmills ala Pete Townshend. The drummer, Martin
Chambers had a little Moonie in him, banging drumsticks off his kit into the
audience or catching them in time for his next smash. It's too bad what
happened to
Scott.

Like the Clash, the Pretenders energy level evoked The Who in many ways.

On another subject.....I was also fortunate enough to see John Entwistle with
a Who cover band in Boston at the Channel back in 1987 (or was it '88?). I
couldn't hear out of my left ear the day after. The cover band singer did
most of the singing, but John as usual had some great bass runs. I don't know
why John doesn't do any session work - I think he's still the best bass
player in rock.....

Mike O'