a clip of that song.

Tom
----------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )----------------------------------------
	id AA07783; Thu, 19 Jan 1995 16:16:40 -0500
To: FIORE@napoli.infn.it
Cc: thewho@cisco.com
Subject: Re: short WHO film clip
 Sun Dec  7 12:23:24 PST 1997
Date: 	Thu, 19 Jan 1995 15:12:22 -0500
From: Jon Proulx <jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu>
Sender: owner-thewho@cisco.com

>From: FIORE@napoli.infn.it
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 17:17:53 +0200 (CET)
>Subject: short WHO film clip

>I was wondering...

>In upstate N.Y. there is a radio station 95X (or maybe it was a N.Y.C.
>station, I can't remember) that many years ago (maybe 15) aired a
>television commercial that ended with a clip from the WHO.  I believe
>the clip was the finale of WGFA where Pete comes sliding in on his knees.
>[snip] Has anyone seen it or know where it came from?  I always thought it
>was the perfect radio station ad and the climax of the WHO at the end
>was brilliant.  I would love to get a copy of it.

>DJF

There is a 95X here in Syracuse (95.7 WAQX), but I haven't seen the
commercial in question. The latest 95X ads I've seen on TV show
a few people saying something like "Yeah, I like 95X," and then a
fifth person say, "It sucks." Then a voice-over says, "Well, 4 out
of 5 isn't bad." or something to that effect--definitely not as
classy as a spot of Pete in the climax of WGFA.

As a side-note, their bus ads are simply a picture of 95X upside
down.

__Jon

P.S. Was that new Who stuff just a cruel joke?