Re: who on tv

On Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:27:21, Shanon <tommy@selway.umt.edu> wrote:
        Along these same lines, I've been looking at the guest line-up
for Dave's show and noticed that no musical guest has been scheduled
for Tuesday the 28th, the day of the two big releases.  Maybe Pete will
be on.  (I know, I'm kinda stretching here.)  Does anybody know where
Pete is?  Toronto, New York, London, L.A.?   I was having the same hopes
a few weeks ago that the Who might be on Leno's show since they'd all be
together for the Walk of Fame thing.  So much for that idea.

According to Bruce Springsteen's Backstreets hotline (I'm a Bruce fan, too)
Bruce just gotr confirmed to play Dave on the 28th, the same day his OWN
GH album comes out. Sorry to burst your bubble. Somehow, I really couldn't
see Pete making a public appearance like that these days anyhow.

On another note, I finally broke down and bought 'Under A Raging Moon' and
was pleasantly surprised. There were some strong tracks on it. Not the
rocker fluff I expected from Daltrey as a solo artist. Is this an
exception to his solo work? I have always identified more with Pete, and
never expected myself the type to appreciate Daltrey solo. Who knows?
I might find some Entwhistle solo stuff I like next. I don't mean to offend,
it's just that I've always thought of Pete as the primary creative driving
force behind The Who. Now maybe I'm not 100% right. I'm open to suggestions -
any other non-Pete Who solo stuff worth getting?

Thanks,
Christian