Re: who on tv

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 DAWSONCHR@urvax.urich.edu wrote:
> On another note, I finally broke down and bought 'Under A Raging Moon' and
> was pleasantly surprised. There were some strong tracks on it. Not the
> rocker fluff I expected from Daltrey as a solo artist. Is this an
> exception to his solo work? I have always identified more with Pete, and
> never expected myself the type to appreciate Daltrey solo. Who knows?
> I might find some Entwhistle solo stuff I like next. I don't mean to offend,
> it's just that I've always thought of Pete as the primary creative driving
> force behind The Who. Now maybe I'm not 100% right. I'm open to suggestions -
> any other non-Pete Who solo stuff worth getting?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

Personally, I think Under a raging moon is an exception. Entwistle is
another story. I particularly like Whistle Rhymes, but as I said in my
intro, I've always enjoyed a sick sense of humor. I saw JE live at a
little sleazy club in San FRancisco and had a really good time. He didn't
sing a whole lot, though he did do The Quiet One and You (two of my
favorites). He plays that bss like a lead. He relly was amazing there.
Anyway, I would reccommend checking out his solo stuff.  Its pretty
interesting and fairly sick (check out "I Feel Better" and "Roller Skate
Kate", both sick but amusing. If you've ever heard those sappy 50's death
songs like "Teen Angel" you'll appreciate RSK).
Just my $.02.

Laura Plummer				* "Listen, if they're going to buy
Graduate School of Lib and Info Sci	* lunch boxes, they may as well buy
University of Texas at Austin		* David Cassidy lunch boxes."
liquid@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu		*   -David Cassidy on making money