Re: Simon Philips

Just saw in the library today (on the electronic card catalogue thingy)
an article about Phillips in an issue of *Down Beat* magazine. In
the card catalogue's abstract, it said that by his own accout, Phillips
has played on 218 albums. The abstract alsocalled Phillips the "drummer
of choice" for English bands. If there's interest, I can get the
exact issue date, etc.

I personally really enjoy Simon's drumming, especially on the
_Join Together_ Tommy. I much prefer his drumming to KJ, although
that may not be a fair comparison due to the different "Who" bands
they were in and the different demands/expectations placed on them.
I was surprised to read not long ago on the list that someone disliked
Phillips' drumming (although to be fair, I should note that the
complaint was against his playing on DST, which I did not hear any of).

Eight days till new Who!
__Jon