Re: Simon Philips

John Blomberg <John_Blomberg.NOTES@crd.lotus.com> wrote:
>6) Philips:  how come no one ever talks about Simon Philips?  He's an awesome
>drummer.  Does anyone know of any other albums he has played on?  Some one told
>me he was the studio drummer for a Jeff Beck album, but I don't know which one.

He played on Mick Jagger's second solo, _Primitive Cool_, along with
Jeff Beck. Incidentally, both PT and Rabbit played various tracks on
the first Jagger solo album, _She's The Boss_. _Primitive Cool_ is
arguably the weakest of Jagger's solo albums, but it's not bad.

Phillips also played on Jagger's 1988 tour of Japan and Australia,
from which there are a couple of very good boots.

Charlie