Re: Re[2]: Good news from England!

Mark, re:

>You know, I've been thinking about the two disk set, and what could possibly
be included therein. Surely TOMMY on one, which cuts down the amount of
material considerably. Hoping for the best and assuming that the people
involved aren't completely brain-dead, I think we can assume that it won't be
another repackaging of the same old songs. So what would be included?

Actually, the "Tommy" part of the 2CD is now being seriously looked at and IS
now being considered as a) "Tommy: Live At Leeds"  or  b) inclusion with the
original "Tommy" as the people here in the Digest suggested.

As for the rest of the material. I would bank on more "greatest hits". The
biggest problem with "live" Who material is that there is no consistency with
the "producers". Cy Langston (who we can all yell at, at John's party)
created the "Who's Last" mess and Billy Nichols created "Join Together". The
fact that the band wasn't really involved with either, is pretty sad. It's
pretty stupid to do something "new" in that regards, without looking to what
was done before. The good news is, I think the folks in England are now more
receptive to input and a bit concerned over negative fall out. However, I'd
be very surprised NOT to see, "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Behind Blue Eyes"
on the "live" CDs. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were the "definitive"
versions, but we know that's not necessarily the case...

wf