Re: Re[2]: Good news from England!

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995 WFang01@aol.com wrote:
> Mark, re:
>
> >You know, I've been thinking about the two disk set, and what could possibly
> be included therein. Surely TOMMY on one, which cuts down the amount of
> material considerably. Hoping for the best and assuming that the people
> involved aren't completely brain-dead, I think we can assume that it won't be
> another repackaging of the same old songs. So what would be included?
>
> Actually, the "Tommy" part of the 2CD is now being seriously looked at and IS
> now being considered as a) "Tommy: Live At Leeds"  or  b) inclusion with the
> original "Tommy" as the people here in the Digest suggested.
>
> As for the rest of the material. I would bank on more "greatest hits". The
> biggest problem with "live" Who material is that there is no consistency with
> the "producers". Cy Langston (who we can all yell at, at John's party)

C'mon WFang.  Cyrano.  Cyrano.

> created the "Who's Last" mess and Billy Nichols created "Join Together". The
> fact that the band wasn't really involved with either, is pretty sad. It's
> pretty stupid to do something "new" in that regards, without looking to what
> was done before. The good news is, I think the folks in England are now more
> receptive to input and a bit concerned over negative fall out. However, I'd
> be very surprised NOT to see, "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Behind Blue Eyes"
> on the "live" CDs. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were the "definitive"
> versions, but we know that's not necessarily the case...

Well, considering there is no live version of WGFA available with Keith
drumming available officially, except for TKAA and that's already Keith
quite a bit past his prime, and the one I've heard that's unofficial
is quite uninspiring (from Largo '73), I couldn't see how a live
collection would exclude it.  Same goes for all the Who's Next and Quad
stuff.  Also, why wasn't Road Runner put on the TKAA sdtk CD, while a
couple of studio versions of songs made it?

And finally, on a completely unrelated note:
A contest asks what HMV stands for.  I'm guessing Her Majesty's
Vsomething, but does anyone know?

--LP.