RE: Drummers

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Danehy-Oakes, Dan'l (djdaneh) wrote:

> Phil Collins -- Yeah, I know he's the shitty singer who rooned Genesis,
> but *listen* to his drumming, even as late as "Seconds Out."  (For that
> matter, he's a better singer than Moonie ever was -- not that that's
> saying much.  Suppose it had been Roger rather than Moon missing and
> Pete and John decided Keith should be the new lead singer.  Do you think
> th'Oo would have survived any better than Genesis?)

sorry, have to say something here.  Phil Collins did _not_ ruin Genesis.
Peter Gabriel leaving ruined Genesis.  As far as Phil being a shittie
singer, again, I'll disagree.  There were times, especially on Genesis
Live where I can't tell the difference between Gabriel and Collins.
Still when I here the two, even though I can easily tell the two apart,
they remind me of each other.  One thing that always bothered me about
Phil Collins, though I worship him as a drummer, is why the hell did he
always use drum machines???

> John -- Tony Levin.  One of the few bass players who can play lead
> like that.
>  --dan'l

Speaking of Peter Gabriel :)  wow....he did a great job of putting a band
together....Tony Levin, Manu Katche (sp?), Shankar....great band!