Re: Drummers

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------

Phil Collins -- Yeah, I know he's the shitty singer who rooned Genesis,
but *listen* to his drumming, even as late as "Seconds Out."
- - - - - - - -
Yeah, Collins may make most people sick anymore when he opens his mouth,
especially that last album....uuughhh -- but throughout the 70's, his
drumming work with Genesis, and the ever-underated Brand X, was absolutely
incredible.  For that reason, he will always remain at the top of my list
as one of the best drummers ever (Check out "Unorthodox Behaviour" and
"Morrocan Roll" -- amazing!)

Aynsley Dunbar -- Someone else mentioned you've gotta love anyone who
survives Zappa...
Yes, Aynsley is another one of the more obscure talents out there.
(I should score more of his work, actually).

Danny Seraphine ....
On their first several albums (and especially the first), this guy is
also amazing!!  Another casualty of "Sap" music.

All 3 of those guys above score high points as drummers and are seriously
underated in their field.

gary m.