Re[2]: Who By Numbers

>Or, if
>        demos and outtakes or unused songs can't be found, I wouldn't
>object to
>        live versions. The question remains what WBN songs the band =
performed
>        live. We know of Squeeze Box (yech) and Dreaming From the =
Waist,
>but did
>        they do anything else from that album in 75 or 76?
>
>        Jim

 I saw that '75 tour right after WBN came out, & remember how odd it =
seemed that the only song from the album they played was "Squeeze Box" =
(again yech; they must have thought so too, they certainly didn't have =
their heart in that one!). The best versions I ever heard them do of =
some of the "Quadrophenia" numbers though, especially a long, tight =
"Drowned".
 I would have enjoyed particularly a live version of "Slip Kid..."
  -David

  -------------end original message-------------
  It's because of considerations like David's that make me unsure about what to
  expect from a WBN reissue.  Certainly I'd like to have a cleaner version, but
  I think we've come to expect bonus tracks on Who reissues.  I was under the
  impression that were some unused songs from this album, but maybe I am
  mistaken. I guess a live SQUEEZE BOX and DREAMING FROM THE WAIST would be ok,
  but they don't get me going. I would have enjoyed a live SLIP KID, too, but
  I'm betting Moonie couldn't have played it well (he could have played it
  straight 2-4, but the song has some syncopation.

  Say, that brings up a question:  did the Who bring in other drummers during
  WBN sessions? I'd heard that they did (I even heard it third-hand that Roger
  flat out admits that there's at least one other drummer on WBN.  Who is it?).
  Is this apocryphal or the real deal?

  jim