IOW/rock&roll circus

In answer to everyone's queries:

There will be 2 Isle of Wight CDs & 2 videos:
1) The Who's full performance on CD (Oct 23) & video (Jan 96)
2) Multi-artist CD (Oct 23) & video extended from BBC version (Oct/Nov??)

Re the R&R Circus, I won a ticket through a 'lucky draw' offer in the New
Musical Express. I haven't got time now to go into the whole spiel, but the
Who were magnificent as ever and played AQO twice through. When you see the
new re-edited version I think most fans will get a sense of being there
too, as the film quality's extremely 'in yer face' and totally dynamic. My
best memory of the event is going to the loo (that's the john to most of
you) at one point, walking past a group of four guys having a friendly
chat: Pete Townshend, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton and John Lennon. They
hadn't quite invented security in those days, just wish I'd had a camera
with me.

Cheers, David Stark
david@songlink.demon.co.uk