Re: Stiff Records.

> For more information about this or any of the other wonderful releases on the
> Stiff record label see "Stiff - the story of a record label" by Bert Muirhead
> published by Blandford Press in the UK in 1983,  ISBN 0 7137 1314 3.
> Alternatively e-mail me and I'll do my best! I have been collecting Stiff
> records since 1976 and have a pretty near complete collection.
> If it ain't Stiff - it ain't worth a ****
(And in my usual opinionated abrasive approach to life....)
And if you, the record-buying public, don't have the Damned's first album,
Damned Damned Damned, on Stiff Records, you ain't either... A truly great
album totally encapsulating the excitement of the times... Rough on the
edges, but brilliant playing by said wielder of SGs and Hiwatts (whew!
obligatory Who thread injected at last moment!) , Brian
James, who went on to play wimpy music with Lords of the New Church...
(Actually, I don't think it's rough on the edges, but the untrained ear
might. Portended things to come many years later out of a provincial capital
to the north of me.....)

Jeff