PT favorite

    Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 18:06 CDT
    From: Shanon T Dell <tommy@selway.umt.edu>

	    My vote goes to:

	    "I Want that Thing" from PsycoDerelict.

IWtT is excellent, but I'd have to give the nod to "English Boy," most
specifically the reprise on the non-dialogue version.  "I'm Gonna Get
You" from Empty Glass would be just about neck-and-(Horse's)-neck with
EB for my favorite PT solo song--but there are so many highlights.
"Magic Bus" from "Scoop"; "Brilliant Blues";  "Communication"...  I'm
not very keen on "Slit Skirts", having heard it too much when it came
out.

One of the things that struck me about "I Want that Thing" was the
simple distilled expression of desire _per se_ that Pete explores in
Magic Bus-- "I want it, I want, it, I want it, I want it."  I don't
think any specific object is mentioned in IWtT, just "I want that
_thing_" -- making the sentiment more universal as befits more advanced
songwriting.

Alan