Thoughts on VH-1 special

As I type with fingers bruised by dialing furiously to win an autographed
box set:

How 'bout them "Rarities"?  Nothing special except good interviews and
I'm Free from the London Coliseum.  Pete seems to be in a great mood in
recent interviews; I think he can finally put the Who in the past and
place their role in music in perspective.  I think Pete should write an
autobiography.
I was surprised to see an camera IN FRONT of the stage at the London
Coliseum!  I want to see more of this show!

The edited 30 Years of R&B was weird, especially the way they cut out the
middle of "Anyway" where Pete throws the guitar and the middle of "Young
Man Blues" where Pete has his windmill freakout.  These were two of the
best parts of the video!

I agree with Pete that '89 was The Who On Ice.  Tommy lends itself to an
elaborate production (especially horns) but the Giants Stadium show was
pretty bland.  Toronto was better than I remembered; I'll need to get a
copy of the whole show now!

             The preceding was sponsored by Clairol GLINTS.