Re: Townshend albums: Iron Man

	I was a bit disappointed after I bought this one.  I like the Who
tracks and for some reason I like that Fast Food song (don't ask me why.)
The thing that disappointed me most though was the stuff with John Lee
Hooker.  When I first saw the album, I thought "hey cool, there's gonna
be some good blues stuff on it too."  But that wasn't the case at all.
What's really sad about it is the fact that the two songs Pete wrote for
him have real "blues" potential.  But instead, you get John Lee's voice
over some really weak synth crap.  I say, give Hooker the lyrics and let
him do what he does best.
	Another point; I think everybody needs to remember that is based
on a children's tale and therefore is not going to have the "edge" that a
lot of Pete's stuff has.  But I still don't think that's an excuse for
the JLH songs.

shanon

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"