Iron ManSun Dec 7 12:17:46 PST 1997

>From what I have heard, Townshend originally wanted this to be a
double album...remember this was at a time when the CD was not
the absolute number 1 route for records.  The double album
was opposed by the record company and Townshend had to strip things
down....ala Who's Next.  Double albums did become a rare thing in
the late 80's...how many can you think of, besides greatist hits,
or live albums, that came out after "THE WALL"? I guess the expense
of making them outweighed the profit.  Hooker supposedly had a much
greater role in the story, which flowed much better as well.  My
question is how could anybody tell Townshend he could'nt make a
double album!!!