Who's next again

Svante writes:

Yes, thematically I also think these songs would fit in very well in
a Lifehouse type box set. Because then a theme would matter. Now with
releasing "Who's Next", the music would be the most important thing.

That's why I think this release is a compromise. They've added typical
Lifehouse songs to a record that deliberately tried to stay away from that
concept. Did Glyn Johns pick these extra tracks? I don't think so.

I really love "Naked eye" and I think "Join Together" is an OK song too,
but are they "Who's Next" songs? Hmmmm....

I've always had the impression that after the Lifehouse project flopped
The Who or Glyn Johns or whoever just filled up an LP with what they
thought was best from the Lifehouse sessions with no great regard for
creating or maintaining a "Who's Next" look and feel. I've never
really thought about "Who's Next" in any other terms than as a subset
of the Lifehouse songs.

If they were trying to maintain some sort of musical or
thematic continuity on the album how does "My Wife" fit in?