Re: synth tracks

>>Someone on alt.rock-n-roll.classic... is a little anal.
  More than a little, I'd say...

>>It was a sacrilege to him that there were backing musicians for "unledded"
  Jeez, doesn't this guy believe that even classic rockers get to move on in
  their lives?

>>However I've never heard instances where the Who used tapes to boost the bass
>>and guitar.  There is one segment during Magic Bus where you hear a couple
>>measures that's backwards, but that appears  to be added afterward in the
>>studio.

>This is B.S.
  Agreed.  Nobody in the Who would have allowed that.  I can't even guess
  how they would have used tapes... to make PETE'S guitar LOUDER...?!
                           or how 'bout
  to give Entwistle's bass more PUNCH...?!   Give me a break!  The guy is a
  jerk!

  The Magic Bus segment was added afterwards in the studio.  The "boxes"
  referred to were not around when "Live At Leeds" was done.

>Not to take anything away from Rabbit, but I'm glad they stayed a four
>man band as long as they did. It just  had a different feel.....even if a
>tape machine was a member of the band for two songs.
  I feel their sound suffered with each additional musician they added.

>I'd still trade a whole tour of Floyd shows for ONE WHO '71 show!
  No question!

OK,
KLW