John Entwistle 88 tour

I was just wondering if anyone else on the list caught John Entwistle's tour
around 1988? I remember he was touring in order to get a record contract for
his new band "The John Entwistle Band". He was not the lead singer there was
somebody else. Anyone remember his name? Anyways, the show was great and John
did sing a few songs both Who and stuff from Too Late the Hero. The other
material was also good and I do remember a good version of Naked Eye.

Gil