Re: Decade Of The Who

Denis Bowler  <Denis_Bowler@magellan.erin.gov.au> wrote...

>REGARDING                Decade Of The Who
>I received a mail order catalogue the other day which has a book 'A Decade Of
>The Who' listed.  Does anyone have this?  If so is it worth getting?

I have it.  It has a copyright date of 1977, and I'd guess I bought it in
that year or soon after.

It is subtitled "An Authorised History in Music, Paintings, Words and
Photographs", and that's a pretty accurate description.  It contains 239
pages.  As you might have guessed, it's a history of the first ten years of
The Who, 1965 to 1975.  (As I recall Pete saying in an interview at that
time, "A _Decayed_ of The Who" ;^)

Let's flip through it here...childhood photos of the members of The Who (no
surprise that Keith was quite animated as a child), quite a bit of artwork
by John Davis, ancient High Numbers photos (Roger on trombone?  Yes!  We
have a photo here...) and a bunch of text.

I'm quite sure what made me buy it back then, beyond being a huge Who fan,
is that it contains sheet music hand-annotated by Pete.  An example: