Replies

Hi,

Steve:

Anyone heard the Monterey box set yet ?  I saw it in the local HMV but
being a poor student I want to make sure it's worth getting before
buying it!

I'm also a poor student and this Monterey set is quite expensive.
In Sweden it costs about 500 kronor, which is about 60 US$ or so.
It looks quite good though and it's certainly worth saving up for.

I've heard that the Who weren't that satisfied with their performance
since they didn't use their own amplifcation for this concert. It
does feature a rare live version of "Pictures of Lily".

Denis:

>I've seen "Who rocks America" (the video of the Toronto show) and this is
>quite good actually. At least in comparison with "Who's last".
Is this still available?  I have an old copy which isn't in hi-fi/stereo
and the sound quality is quite poor.

I don't think it has been reissued since '83, or whenever it was first
issued. The video misses out on a few numbers like "Cry if you want",
"Doctor Jimmy" (Is this the version on "Who's Last"?) but includes
all encores "Young Man Blues"/"Naked Eye"/"Squeeze Box"/"Twist&
shout" It also includes a very good version of "The Quiet one" which
I'm not sure was played on the same date, ie it might be from a previous
show.

I've seen a double bootleg of the Toronto show called "Dangerous 1&11".
Don't know about the quality though. If anyone could compare it
to the one Khurram mentioned, let us know which one to choose.

- Svante