Best lyric ?

    Any body like the little ballads they did in the beginning, like
    the one I mentionned above, or Our Love Was ? Is, Tatoo ?
    Odorono

I like Odorono a lot, and always regretted that Pete tacked on the bit
at the end about Odorono itself.  It's really a beautiful and poignant
song, and I always try to imagine what it would be like if it didn't
turn into a commercial at the end.  I guess I could point to it as an
early indicator of Pete's ability to create mood and setting in a very
few lines.

Little Billy is another where the melody and power of the music rise
above the subject matter to produce an actually joyful, nearly ecstatic
feel (ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha, Little Billy doesn't mind).  Maybe
someone could explain why the combination of quickly repeated "ha"s
(foreshadowing "Christmas", now that I think about it) and chord changes
here produces a joyful effect, but it sure does to me, anyway.

Our Love Was, Is, is also beautiful.  (I like the lines beginning "Our
love was soaring"...and the "love, love, love, long" lines, which I like
a lot, sound like a cross between "You are forgiven" and "cello, cello,
cello" in A Quick One.)  Tattoo doesn't do that much for me; a neat
story, but the music/melody don't grab me in the cojones like the other
ones mentioned here.

Alan