The Video

>   From: PeterH1014@aol.com
>
>   I have been watching the video for a few days now.
>
>   I think its great, although I now realize, after reading
>   it so many times, what Pete meant bty having to get
>   the band that they did to replace Keith in '89.
>
>   Kenny  really was a time keeper, at least I kinda got the idea what
>   Pete meant..Not that I am an expert on drumming, but Keith was a
>   show in himself, while Kenny was there to keep the beat up.

I have to say that seeing Kenny playing in the studio I gained more
respect for him.  He is no slouch of a drummer, it's just that Keith
left this gaping hole to fill.  Also, when you see it all together this
way the difference between Simon and Kenny doesn't seem that much compared
to either one and Keith.

Sure, I like Simon better, both in general and with The Who, but they
both approach drumming from the time keeping point of view.  Hell, there
really aren't any drummers who don't!  Being a drummer (not pro, not expert,
but drummer none the less) it's my opinion that you just can't get away with
playing like Keith did these days.  Other musicians demand a level of
perfection of staying on the beat all the time that Keith was not concerned
with.  Pete describes it perfectly when he talks about him playing around
the beat and inbetween him and John and just coming back to the beat when
you think he's totally gone off the deep end.

I really love that shot of him in Happy Jack where one of the breaks come
around the "...waters lapping" verse and he's snapping his sticks together in
time to the others singing "lap, lap, lap, lap" with that GRIN on his face and
then he turns back and goes nuts on his kit some more.  I get this sense of
jubiliant, ecstatic energy, mixed with playfulness...we miss you Moonie.

   I also wanted you  all to know ( those that didnt know anyway)
   that the BAM opera house Psychoderelict video is out..
   Pete didnt have his voice at all, and I kind of wish they
   filmed the Beacon theatre instead, where he kicked ass...

Is this is the video of the Pay-Per-View that they did?  It has been
out for quite a while, no?  Does anyone know if it has ever come out on
Laserdisc?

   Paul Stevens                        {apple|decwrl}!metaphor!pstevens
   Metaphor Computer Systems           pstevens@metaphor.com
   Mountain View, CA