things

Hey,
Thanks for all the responses to my "stupid questions".  The "thruppence
and sixpence" bit had been bugging me for ages.

The reference to Bette M. has puzzled me as well.  Like some of you, I
have read the liner notes in Scoop as well as interviews (back in
mid-80's) regarding 'And I Moved' being written for Bette.  But I can't
figure out why.  My idea is that they were friends but I remember thinking
that perhaps there was something more significant back when I got Scoop.
No big deal.

Who is going to the 9/10 show at Wolf trap?

John