A note on the best bootlegs

Just a quick note on my votes for 5 favorite boottleg CD's -

As long as the quality was fair, I didn;t worry too much about that.  Svante
is right - Tales of the Who, which came from a King Biscuit Flower Hour FM
Broadcast, is far better quality than the Edmonton Sundown show - but the latter is a much better performance (witness the Naked Eye and Magic Bus jams in
London).  Also the Black Dog San Fran CD is only fair quality - but the material is stunning.

I suppose which way you judge them is a matter of personal taste.

Best - Mason Weinrich