Re: Game Memories...

Larry broke a cheekbone also during I think the either the '82 or '83
season,(I was about 12 at the time) and while he was out the team went
on an 18 game winning streak. When he came back, in the middle of the
streak, there was actually a debate as to whether Larry should be
prompted inserted into the starting lineup. As I recall, Larry ended
the debate and said he wanted to give the 6th man role a shot, and
that's what he did for a few games, and had one of the alltime great
games by a sixth man, though I can't remember the stats.