RE: Bulls management

> I think Bulls management with their Floyd announcement IMO made a very
> smart business decision.

Did they? I for one have faith in the fans' ability to see through that
contrivence rather easily.

>They left the door wide open for Phil Jackson
> to return to be the coach.

Did they? Jackson had already stated that he wouldn't be back to the Bulls
in no uncertain terms. The Jerry's action sounds like a PR move to me.

> They told the Prima Donna Jordan that they
> want Jackson to come back to coach so that they can keep intact their
> team for another run at the championship.

I don't think this announcement had anything with Jordan directly. The
Jerry's are trying to shift blame to Jackson when the Bulls win 20 games
next year as you state later.

>If Jackson refuses

He already has.

>they will
> claim that they did everything in their power to keep him as coach and
> that they are not in any way responsible.

I agree.

>If Prima Donna Jordan retires or goes to another team(very unlikely)

Personally I think he will go to another team. The Jerry's hiring Floyd,
after Jordan explicitly stating his dislike of Floyd and his desire to play
for Hamblen(sp?), is a definitely slap in the face to Jordan. And given
Jordan's typical reaction to stuff like that, I wouldn't be surprised to see
him on the Knicks next year.

> they will basically be telling
> all their fans that it was not their decision to not keep the team
> intact but instead it was Jackson's and Jordan's intent to break up the
> team.

>A real business coup for the Bulls, since with the lockout and
> all, the season ticket holders will have to shoot crap and renew.

The real money is in the luxury boxes (which come up for renewal in a few
years). The bulls are making a very big gamble. If their ploy fails and
Jordan goes elsewhere, the Bulls can expect to be held in the same esteem as
Denver as a free agent destination. That would not bode well when
corporations look to renew their lease on luxury boxes.

>Either
> way the Bulls management wins, they will have season ticket money in
> hand and probably won't have to pay Jackson, Jordan, Pippen and Rodman
> this year.

See my earlier comment regarding luxury boxes. I'll venture to guess that
those salaries are negligible compared to the revenue that Jordan's
Bulls --a worldwide sensation-- provide.

>Jordan if he is a man of integrity, giving up his $35 mill
> salary (which I doubt) will retire because and I quote " I(Jordan) will
> not play for any other coach. "
>Of course there is the other man of
> integrity, the honorable Pippen who and I quote, (I will not be back
> with the Bulls after this year because of the way I have been treated by
> management). Then there is the whacko Rodman who doesn't give a crap one
> way or the other and will sign a contract with any team that offers the
> most money and will let him wrestle with the Hulkster on the side.

Jordan and Pipper waffle nearly as much as Bill Clinton. Also Jordan's
"integrity" is subjective given his penchant for gambling. Pippen is rather
immature and easy to manipulate. If Jordan wants Pippen to do something I
bet Pippen will. I agree with your analysis of Rodman.

> 	The bottom line to the Bulls, could be a saving of any
> where up to 70
> mill in salary for the coming year.

>This particular owner (Reinsdorf a
> real lowlife) can't lose in either profits or public relations with the
> fans. Owner wins, players lose.

I think he will lose and massively. All that he has to do is push Jordan a
little farther. Even if the public doesn't see through the Jerry's ploy now,
what do you think they would do if Jordan made a public condemnation of
Reinsdorf? Given the public's near mindless belief in their idol, the Bulls
would become sports lepers, the equal of the Clippers.

This does relate to the Celtics in regards to the Antoine situation. Isn't
it obvious that the Boston media are trying to paint Antoine as the villain
in order to make Celtics management appear blameless when Antoine leaves? If
Tim Hardaway has his way and Antoine goes to the Heat we will regret it for
decades to come. Riley is one of the few coaches that could easily harness
Antoine's attitude and potential.

Noah