Re: Jordan will play for Seattle

Sherry & Hart wrote:

> Jeremy wrote:
>
>          Tim Floyd has been hired by the Chicago Bulls as head coach
>  according to the AP.  The conventional wisdom is that Jordan will retire,
>  but I have a funny feeling that Phil Jackson will replace George Karl in
>  Seattle and MJ will join him there.  MJ and Gary Payton would team up to
>  form the best backcourt in the history of the universe.  I can see MJ
>  going to Seattle because he doesn't care up about the money, but Pippen
>  will probably go to a team like Phoenix who can offer him a mega deal.

If this happens I guess that makes Jordan, I dare say a whore.Jordan,
won't work for free, so to speak.

>          This is all bad news for the Celtics.  The Bulls will probably
>  sign a bunch of decent players to one year contracts this year, and then
>  make a run at Antoine, Penny, and maybe even Shaq (if he chooses to
>  become a free agent) next year.

They do not have now or will have the cap room for all them. If CBA
status quo they all would get at least 15 mill plus and Shaq at 20-25
mill. That is 50 mill a year at minimum for 3 players, the cap is at
about 30 mill per team, more or less. No team will have that kind of cap
room?

>          If Jordan doesn't go to Seattle (sit down for this one), he, Phil
>  Jackson, and Pippen may go to Denver.  The Nuggets have tons of cap room,
> and the big three would be making a statement that they can win anywere.

Same as above, I don't know how much cap room Denver has, but it
certainly isn't 45-50 mill(Jordan 30 mill/Pippen 20 mill) this year or
any other year. Again if status quo happens with the CBA then the only
place they can sign for big money is in Chicago, period, end of story.

>          There is reason to be excited though.  The eastern conference is
>  now completely wide open.  The Pacers are obviously the front runners, but
>  IF the Celtics can acquire a solid center, who knows what could happen.

This is true, and can happen if they resign Antoine to a contract
extension and swing a deal for maybe a Mutombo, who Atlanta wants to
dump and I think he has a contract for about 5 mill this year, with 2 or
3 years left on it.
What a great lineup the C's would have:
Mutumbo/Walker,Popeye,Pierce/Mercer,Anderson. WOW.

>          Can somebody do me a favor?  Waive your magic wand and end this
>  stupid lockout.

I am good, but not that good.

> > Jeremy

It is a pleasure chatting with you.