Re: Jordan will play for Seattle

I believe that Phil Jackson is going to take a year off, at least according
to an interview he did in Newsweek last week. Jackson also said that the
owner of the Bulls told him he could come back to Chicago if he wanted. He
declined. Why would he decline Chicago (the known) and then go on to
Seattle (the unknown)? Also, he talked about all of the travel plans he has
for the next year and his wife, etc. It sounds like he made the very hard
decision to leave Chicago...I don't see him jumping back in right away. I
think he knows it's safe to take time off....there will be a job for him if
he wants it in the future. He's a pretty secure kind of guy.

I really think Jordan will retire, but don't count him out of basketball
altogether. I see him taking the Larry Bird route. Lifetime job with the
Bulls if he wants it, but then take a few years off and jump back in as an
(owner/gm?). Work on the golf game or the business ventures. There's plenty
to do.

TJL