re:Ryan Lee's post

Ryan Lee <Ryan.Lee@parexel.com> wrote:

"but he is an arrogant headcase and don't let that blind fool Mishra
tell you different (he'd defend Walker even if he happened to pull a
double homicide like another sports celeb we all know)."

****

This is the kind of innuendo that irritates me, even if it was an
innocent jest. I think all of the 'Toine defenders on this list would be
happy to eat our words and criticize Antoine Walker the day he ACTUALLY
does something bad or illegal. But until that day comes, I think we are
in the right to say it is reckless and unfair to prejudge him.

Antoine Walker reportedly doesn't drink, he doesn't jump into mosh pits,
yet there is an undeniable difference in the tone of the Globe's
week-end 'Toine-Bash-Jamboree, compared to how they covered another
massively turnover-prone young superstar (Drew Bledsoe) who has yet to
do anything in a big game, signed for bales of dough after one measly
Pro Bowl appearance, and has had far worse public disagreements with his
(former) head coach.

Oh boy, now I'm Mr American-Race-Relations big shot!  Ryan, please
excuse the pedantic tone of this post. Let's just be fair and watch what
we say though..

Joe Hironaka
Paris

N.B. I'm finally on the regular list instead of the digest version,
whether you all like it or not!  Pretty neat.

****