Ryan.Lee> RE: Walker the Punk

     >Case in point, Mercer and Duncan are both near Antoine's age if not
younger and
     >they don't have half the ego
     >Walker has.  OK, Mercer's stats aren't as good as Walker's but don't
     >tell me that Duncan's aren't.  Duncan even made the All-Star team as a

     >rookie, something Walker could not do.  With all Duncan's achievements

     >do you see him "wiggling" after every hit shot or arguing every call
     >made by the refs or forcing his offense?

I would ask, how much is maturity and how much is personality.  I have two
daughters who I consider mature for their age.  Both get the job done but
one has a definite flare for showmanship and one does it quietly.  One uses
exterior motivations to get her going  (Walker's wiggle,  Babe Ruth's
pointing to the wall, Joe Namath's guarantee, Larry Bird's trash talking)
the other is internally motivated (Mercer, Duncan).  Nothing wrong with
either! Just two different approaches.

TopFan