RE: [CBA] Ball in Owners Park

>From: "Noah P. Evans" <ishbak@conknet.com>
>> Uuuummmm, think you got the wrong country pal.
>
>Last time I checked "freedom and justice" were two of the cornerstones of
>American philosophy.'

There is freedom, if you don't like your employment or it's beliefs, you
can leave. Just like an owner can shut down his factory if the unions try
to cripple the business. Funny thing with all these business markets
leaving the country, the economy is better than ever, if you can believe
that. Not trying to go far off the path here but the reason many are
working 2 jobs is because unions (agents) have pushed employers to re-tool
their work force.

>>We don't have to
>> open up our
>> books here.
>
>Nope but the owners can't expect anyone to pity them either. Which is what
>they want.

Owners are all about money, they don't feel anything. They don't "feel your
pain" Funny when owners were paying out large sums of dough the NBA players
and a % of that to the players agents, things were just fine. Now some
teams and the league foresee financial problems, the players union see that
as bull. Left alone these players and agents would suck the league dry,
without regard to its future.

>>It's strictly enough for an owner to say, that's it
>> no more. If
>> you don't like it, find employment elsewhere.
>
>Hardly. Owners can do that to the "unskilled" labor(70%) of the workforce,
>the people whose skills can be replaced, but the day they do that to
>"skilled" labor, the programmers, engineers etc..., is the day that owner
>goes bankrupt.
>	Analogize that to basketball(to quote Winton) and you see that most of
>basketball players are "skilled" labor. Would you go to see a team with
>purely CBA(the league, not the agreement) talent? Would you buy a Nate
>Driggers jersey? Would you try to emulate Acie Earl? While being fired might
>be a fiscal hardship for the players, the NBA's loss of marketability would
>be its death-knell.
>
>>Watch companies like GM to
>> set a new precedent, their out of here.
>
>While GM employees do have real skills they are not "skilled" so your
>analogy does not apply to the discussion at hand.
>
>>This wage escalation has to stop
>> somewhere, now is the time.
>
>The wage inflation will only stop when the league begins to lose money and
>the owners and players both realize it at the time. And even then it's not a
>sure thing.
>	Now, the current battle over wage escalation is only a power play by the
>owners to see if they can grab a bigger piece of the pie. The owner's
>failure to release their books is practically an admission of their
>negotiating in bad faith.
>
>Noah

"In the NBA the Owners Rule"