RE: [CBA] Ball in Owners Park

> Uuuummmm, think you got the wrong country pal.

Last time I checked "freedom and justice" were two of the cornerstones of
American philosophy.'

>We don't have to
> open up our
> books here.

Nope but the owners can't expect anyone to pity them either. Which is what
they want.

>It's strictly enough for an owner to say, that's it
> no more. If
> you don't like it, find employment elsewhere.

Hardly. Owners can do that to the "unskilled" labor(70%) of the workforce,
the people whose skills can be replaced, but the day they do that to
"skilled" labor, the programmers, engineers etc..., is the day that owner
goes bankrupt.
	Analogize that to basketball(to quote Winton) and you see that most of
basketball players are "skilled" labor. Would you go to see a team with
purely CBA(the league, not the agreement) talent? Would you buy a Nate
Driggers jersey? Would you try to emulate Acie Earl? While being fired might
be a fiscal hardship for the players, the NBA's loss of marketability would
be its death-knell.

>Watch companies like GM to
> set a new precedent, their out of here.

While GM employees do have real skills they are not "skilled" so your
analogy does not apply to the discussion at hand.

>This wage escalation has to stop
> somewhere, now is the time.

The wage inflation will only stop when the league begins to lose money and
the owners and players both realize it at the time. And even then it's not a
sure thing.
	Now, the current battle over wage escalation is only a power play by the
owners to see if they can grab a bigger piece of the pie. The owner's
failure to release their books is practically an admission of their
negotiating in bad faith.

Noah