Re: Pitino or Walker

>Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 11:24:11 -0600
>From: "Gene Kirkpatrick" <gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us>
>To: celtics@igtc.COM
>Subject: Pitino or Walker
>
>Which one led us to a better season?  Pitino or Walker?

If you ask me, which I suppose you did, neither could have done it
without the other.  With the '96 team and coach, Walker could put up all
the numbers in the world and the Celtics probably still win 20 games.
On the other hand, hard work and focus on winning only go so far.  There
has to be some talent there to execute the plan.  Walker was the center
piece to the plan that Pitino put together.

So, why did I just post the list saying Walker's not ready for the big
bucks?  Because all Walker has proven is that he can carry us to a sub
.500, playoff missing season.  That doesn't cut it with me and, I
suspect, most Celtics fans.

Jim