Re: Goodbye oh selfish one

-----Original Message-----
From: DJessen33@aol.com <DJessen33@aol.com>

>I think Walker will be traded when we start up again and I think it is good
>ridance. Not that he isn't a good player and not that he doesn't have alot
of
>potential. It is just that he is all that plus being a selfish player and
HE
>WANTS 17 MILLION A YEAR. This isn't just why can't Gaston fork out the big
>bucks for our good players. This decision could tie up down for years!  I
am
>so tired of being tied down! Since we traded for Sherman Douglas, we have
been
>tied by the cap. Gaston HAS forked out the bucks for Barros, Minor, Brown,
>Ellison, etc.

With the exception of Ellison whose problems are due to his health, the
others are all
mediocre players. In the words of LB paying big money to a mediocre player
doesn't
make him a star. Even Walkers worst critic will acknowledge, that he is
anything but
mediocre.. in fact the irony is Gaston has forked out 13 mill without much
ado to the
above bunch but is contemplating so much about making a fair offer to his
only star.
Hasn't he learnt anything from down years, I mean this is a league where you
pay
your stars not role players. Role players are aquired at bargain basement
prices.

> Don't anybody blame Gaston for holding out on Walker. Instead of
>looking at the upside, look at the possible downside. If Walker gets fat,
>DIES, gets into drugs or just wants to play for someone else, what could we
do
>with that contract? We would be stuck just like we and many other teams
have
>been. Although, now we would be stuck for many more years to come.

As per the last CBA the team is covered in the case of dying as regards to
playing
for another team the other team has to still trade for him so we are covered
there too.
Regarding getting fat, that's  a risk one runs with every player..what if
Shaq becomes
400 lbs what will LA do?

> I would much rather overpay someone like Mercer or Abdul-Rahim or Duncan,
people who
>act a lot more mature and who you feel you could depend on.

Acting a more mature and producing are two different things. Let's face
reality here: Walker is
an all star, he is among the 5 best PF's in the game. Mercer is a nice
player with potential, let
him be among the 5 best SG's in the game, then one can contemplate about
paying him a 6
year 100 mill contract.

  - Mishra