Re: Morally Bereft All Stars

Michael Joseph Byrnes wrote:

> Hart wrote:
>
> > Since there will be no BB for the rest of 1998, and there is really
> > nothing left to discuss I  put together an all star team consisting of
> > morally bereft (scumbags) players who are still  haqve links to a team
> > in the league.
> >                C       Benoit Benjamin
> >                PF      Charles Oakley
> >                        Derek Coleman
> >                SF      Chris Webber
> >                        Christian Laettner
> >                PG      Nick Van Exel
> >                SG      Latrelle Sprewell
> >                        Vernon Maxwell
> >                6th man Dennis Rodman
> > This is my selection not a bad team, probably win a lot of games, but
> > really weak at center.
>
> How could you miss Anthony Mason?  He should be a candidate for team
> captain.  JR Rider is another lock, although I don't think he'd get many
> minutes playing behind Sprewell.
>
> Scottie Pippen should also get a roster slot for refusing to play the last
> 1.8 seconds of that playoff game years ago.
>
> Our own Greg Minor is a possibility.
>
> I have no idea who should coach this team, but whoever it is had better
> wear body armor.  I suppose ex-C's assistant Winston Bennett could get an
> interview for the job.
>
> Michael Byrnes
> mbyrnes@stanford.edu
Mason, Rider and Minor are absolute locks on this team. We may have to
start expanding rosters to fit them all. Do you have any ideas on a team
nickname and a team mascot for them in the new CBS/Fox league. People
wouldn't have to pay to see them play, just expect to get mugged in the
parking lot. Warwick named Jason Williams of Florida, he is a candidate
for rookie of the year.
Regards,
Hart