this is all bullshit...

I don't know which is worse, the NBA lockout and issues of salaries, the
CBA, owners vs. players, etc., or the discussion of these matters on this
list. It has degenerated into a lot of petty squabbling, name-calling, and
(for the most part) poorly-informed and irrelevant "debate" (and I use the
term lightly) about politics. I agree with Joe - let's stick to
basketball-related discussion (I'm not sure that the lockout qualifies as
being about basketball, at least not in the sense that most of us on the
list had in mind when we subscribed).

As a personal request, might I ask that when you reply to a post that you
cut out all extraneous material? It's really not necessary to re-post the
entire text of a lengthy message, only to add "I agree" to the bottom. For
those of us who get the digest form of the list (i.e. all the messages once
a day), it means we have to wade through a lot of junk to try and find
anything we want to read. Likewise, posting pictures just comes out as 40kB
worth of mixed characters.

However, I don't think the list discussion will improve until the lockout
ends. Maybe I should just "unsubscribe" until November.

Pete