Re: Plan 9 From Pitino Space

I seem to remember right up until the start of last season hearing that
Dana Barros' feet were not healing well and he might not be able to play
again.  I don't think there's any point in overreacting every time Kenny
Anderson's sore knees are mentioned.  And, by the way, what exactly is
wrong with them that surgery can address?  Last I heard it was some kind
of a 'bone bruise'.

And if it's a choice between Mercer and Pierce, don't be surprised if
it's Mercer that goes.  Pierce's contract will keep him here longer if
things go to plan. (am I allowed to even allude to the CBA?) Also,
Mercer may have more value because he has some NBA track record.

Jim

>Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:15:14 -0400
>From: witchcraft1998@hotmail.com (Witch)
>Subject: Plan 9 From Pitino Space
>To: celtics@igtc.COM
>
>PLAN G - BOOM
>Here's the situation kiddies.  The Celtics have a owner who doesn't
want to pay
>their best player; a point guard with chronically bad knees and a
esteemed
>draft choice who skills duplicate someone already here.  When all is
said
>and done, the only one left standing is going to be Ron Mercer.
Antoine is