the kid and Nash; now, the kid has decided to come this year.

It all worked out for Nellie.  He is convinced Boston would have
taken the kid at #10; he even said he would have taken him if he had
#1.  So, Nellie is sold on the guy.

I still think that Nellie and Chris Matthews, our guy, have a sense
that they can pull a fast one on everyone else.  And that can blow up
in your face quickly.  Dallas is still a two bit franchise.  Yes, they
have lots of money and Nellie is a big time NBA man, but this kid is
going to have to learn the ropes alongside Bradley and a bunch of
other oft-injured big men.
I think it could work, but I think they got carried away.  Picture
this:  a seven foot, two inch, shot blocking phenom who can run the
floor and has a nice, soft jumper is discovered in the Ukraine.  He is
kept under wraps and suddenly announced to the world as the top choice
in the next draft--only to find out that he is Shawn Bradley's younger
brother.  I'm glad we got Paul Pierce.

Cheers to those who suffered through this whole piece.

Gene