Re: When Does a Band Stop Being a Band? Virusi

> i think we're lucky to have these guys still

But...if Ringo and Paul went out, should they call it
The Beatles? No, I think everyone would agree that
would be wrong. Keith and John were more than just
musicians that played with Pete and Rog. They created
the sound of the band, by their style and execution.
They were the two best musicians in the band. Zak does
a great job of filling in for Keith, but it took 20
years to get that together. Pete and John both
participated in filling that gap.
With John gone...they should call it something else,
not The Who. Otherwise they're just a Who cover band
with a few original members. Sort of like when Jack
Bruce went out as "Cream" with another guitarist and
drummer. Or Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding went out
as Jimi Hendrix Experience.

> Mark, if I ever get into trouble, will you please be
> my lawyer?

Jon:

I'm just being accurate.

> Sounded like an exciting show to me.  Ya' old
> fuddy-duddy.

Scott:

Yeah...I'm a fuddy-duddy who'd rather see at least ONE
legend remain untarnished. And it's not my fault I
have a high standard...The Who gave me that many years
ago.

> interested enough to do it,
> that would be a bad sign.  ;)

Keets:

Yeah, it's a good sign people are stealing the songs
from the band. Good call.

"From Joe Wilson to Paul O'Neill, from David Kay to
Richard Foster and now to Mr. Clarke, George W. Bush,
Dick Cheney and their advisers have demonstrated that
publicly expressing a perspective that does not jibe
with the administration's orthodoxy leads to being
branded as everything from incompetent to power hungry
to a political hack.
The Bush administration substitutes spin for truth.
Our country deserves better."
                     Jeff De Cagna

=====
Cheers         ML