Re: ORW

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:18:33 -0500
From: "Jim M" <petenotped@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I am reminded of a few other things, though. In Old Red Wine, the piano
sounds like something off of Springsteen's Darkness On the Edge of Town to
me.

Absolutely. You beat me to it. If it's not identical to the piano break in that song it's damn close. Even sounds like the same key.

I don't know about the opening chord to RLGB...maybe something off Psychoderelict?

The other thing I noticed is that something about the repeated, choked-off chords in RGLB immediately following Roger singing the "Falling in Love" verse (at 3:24 to 3:30 for those of you with a clock on your player) reminded me of something...what was it...and after about three days it came to me...it's the same (or darn near) rhythm as during the light strumming during the break in Sister Disco (1:42 to about 2:00) just after "till the echo of the streetfight has dissolved".

Cheers,
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN." --Pete Townshend, 1967