Re: ORW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"
<sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Anyone else notice the slight similarity in melody between
> "Old Red Wine" & the Divinyls' song "I Touch Myself?"

I can't say that I did, but what do I know?

I am reminded of a few other things, though.  In Old Red Wine, the piano
sounds like something off of Springsteen's Darkness On the Edge of Town to
me.  In Real Good Looking Boy, the first chord Pete plays remind me of
something of his that I can't quite put a finger on.  Maybe You Better You
Bet?  Anyone?  Later on in the song, there's a quiet spot and the piano
picks up.  I hesitate to even write this, but I keep thinking I'm listening
to Walking in Memphis.  I don't know why, I'm not saying RGLB sounds like
that song, I just can't stop being reminded of it.  And the funny thing is
that there's an Elvis reference in both songs, too.  Maybe that's it.  I'm
being haunted by Elvis.  I need help!

Jim M