Re: Hits and Diamonds. They're not the same thing.

In a message dated 3/16/2004 7:26:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx writes:

> Pete is writing to us.

I say that's the problem.  remember when the original lineup of KISS did
their first studio album in like, so many years in 1998? they didn't write songs
like, "oh he was a real good looking boy" or about God or whatever, they sang
about a "psycho circus" and it debuted at no. 2 on the charts and eventually
went gold. ok, not platinum, but gold nonetheless.   and when george harrison
made a "comeback" in 1987 when the hit cover of "got my mind set on you".  it's
not that "old geezers" don't sell albums, its the songs that sell the album.
santana is another great example.   no offense, but i've heard new songs by the
likes of david cassidy which contains lyrics that sort of resemble the lyrics
to RGLB. I rest my case..