Re: The new tunes -lyrics

You sniffed at the cork, chose low on the list.

I don't know enough about wine menus to know if that means it's cheap or expensive. At first I thought the most expensive, knowing John's tastes later in life, but now I'm thinking that the most expensive bottles would be at the top, meaning that John would have been choosing the cheapest not-worth-a-dime stuff. Input?

Double meaning? I agree that the less popular, more expensive wines would be at the bottom of the list, but "low" also implies that John made a poor choice. "Sniffing" suggests the cocaine, but it also suggests he had checked out the sex, drugs and R&R scene and should have known better.

keets