Re: 1989 tommy video and then some more!

> "Dig" is horrible & their cover of "Fire" is
> horrible.

Scott:

For some reason, Yahoo only sent about half my
message. I don't think those songs are horrible, just
not promising for an entire album.

> And I promise you if Jane's Addiction opens

IMHO Strays is their best, pure solid Rock album. Have
you heard it? It's the best thing I've heard since
Melon Collie.

> occasions that Pete did play electric, you could not
> hear it.

Neil:

I'd forgotten about that, but you're right. Pete was
obscured by the other instruments.

> There was no jamming as I
> remember during the main set.

Yeah, it was a very structured tour. Too bad.

> At the time it seemed cool, now as I look back it
> seems way too overproduced.

I find that's true about most of 80's music, however
much I might have liked it at the time.

> BUT,....Pete *was* playing an electric guitar.  A
> Rickenbacker.

Scott:

It sounds too "bright" for that, but I can't be
definite as it's not the best quality boot and I don't
recall what he played in which song.

"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers thanI
say more Muslimsa lot of Muslims have diedI don't
know the exact countat Istanbul. Look at these
different places around the world where there's been
tremendous death and destruction because killers
kill."
          George "I know what I mean" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML