Re: The Who - The Vegas Job DVD - Has this been released?

> I just wrote to Matt Kent the other day and asked him about this, and
> he replied that he had no idea when or if "The Vegas Job" was being
> released in the states. I always thought The Who made more money in
> the U.S., so I find this a bit bizarre.

Yeah, February is right around the corner &, so far, no sign of the Vegas
Job DVD being released in the States.  No one has it listed for pre-order,
anyway.

> In the meantime, has anyone out there found it in a version that is
> playable on standard U.S. DVD players? The ones I've found have all
> been either PAL (U.S. uses NTSC) and/or Region 2 (U.S. uses 0 or 1).

No, it's only available as a Region 2 in the U.K.  But people keep say-
ing that if you have a recently-made, region-free DVD player, the Vegas
Job DVD plays fine.

I'll have to check to see if my DVD player is region-free.  It's only
about a year old.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been released in the States yet.  The whole
thing is kinda shady anyways.  I don't think The Who Group wanted it re-
leased but Pixelon had the rights & they sold everything when they went
belly-up.

Perhaps the U.S. release has been blocked somehow.  I don't know.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/