Re: Roger's Stuttering

> Speaking of st-tut-tut-tering, I was trying to pin down the point
> when Roger went from singing "Talkin bout my g-g-g-g-generation" to
> "Talkin bout muh-muh-muh-muh my my".  I really can't stand the latter.
> I noticed recently that the change happened a lot earlier than I ex-
> pected and there was at least one evolutionary step in between.
> Does that bug anyone else?

I don't mind the "muh-muh-muh-muh-my-my" stutter, but it *is* a bit
overused by Daltrey.  I believe he started it in the early '70s & used
it off & on thereafter.  Going from memory, I think he employs it on
the '73 KBFH boot.

I like his stutter technique on the IOW CD & the Young Vic CD.  Those
ones are freaky.

Then, of course, there's his use of "bloody" & "fuckin'" - as in "I'm
not tryin' to cause a bloody/fuckin' big sensation!"  Those are always
fun!  ;-)

"People talkin' about it.  People talkin' about it."

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/