Re: The Kids Are All Critics

> was this sold to the kids as being "crusty old rock music"?  cause
> if it was, I understand why they'd criticize most of it. if you just
> sold it to them as just music to listen to and explain what they
> think, maybe the reactions will be different.

I don't think they would imply negative connotations about the tunes
to the kids before they played the songs.  I mean, I don't know how
the "experiment" was conducted, but that doesn't seem to be a good
way to go about it.

Why?  Did you think the comments were too negative?  These were six &
seven year-olds, remember.  I was listening to the New Mickey Mouse
Club at that age (I had a crush on Nita).  I probably wouldn't have
had too many nice things to say about "classic rock" songs when I was
seven, either.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/