Getting on The Who soapbox, for a moment

>From: Oust_the_pretender <bushchoked
>Subject: Getting on The Who soapbox, for a moment
>
>> Who knows, maybe it was the crowd I was hangin' with at the time.
>
>"cou-Bon Jovi-gh" Excuse me, I must be coming down with something.

Puke!
I hope you're not implying I listened to Bon Bone-head.
Who, Beatles, Hendrix...thank you.

>Tania and Ethan would LOVE MB, plenty to do here for everyone even if
they're not a Who fan.

You forget that Tania was a surf lifeguard in OC Maryland, and on The
Outerbanks of NC.  And, that we met in OC.  Me, being the "fuck authority"
little surf-boy who flipped her co-workers off when they all tried to get me
and my board out of the water because the surf was too big.
We've done the big city beach towns.
Lived there.
Once you go OBX, ya can't go back.
But, I'm sure we could swallow hard for Ethan's sake.
Hell, he'll enjoy checking out all the freaks.

>Right. Exactly. They had 20 years to make a new studio album with John
Entwistle, and NOW they make one a year after he died. Makes sense to me...

That *does* hurt.

>If I was in the new Indiana Jones movie, and I'm not saying I am or
anything, I'd say "A wake up call from God."

Jon!
God called me!

It really did make me sit down and dwell.

>> Tunnelvision.

In the bathroom walls.
Be cool or be cast out!

Oh, wait, that's subdivisions.

>Scott:
>
>But I definitely agree with Kevin here.

Great minds....never mind.
Oh, and Scott..................................HA!

>The Who are not just another Rock band like Tom Petty (whom I also like).

Me too.  But Scott.................................HA!

>The Who set a standard all other Rock bands must abide by, or at least
aspire to. They were better performers than The Beatles,

Exactly.
Do people know the names of all the Beatles?
Do they know the names of The Rolling Stones?
How 'bout Led Craplin?

I say they do, and The Who was right in the middle of that group.
So, HA!

>People should know of John Entwistle as well as they know of George
Harrison or Ringo Starr.

And, they do.
Even Poopie.

Kevin in VT